Do you want to make a global impact with your development skills? And do you want to actively contribute to the further development of our platform and services, creating opportunities for both the organization and yourself? Then this might be the job for you! Read more below or apply via the “apply for this job” button!
Shypple makes shipping simple. We offer companies an easy-to-use web-application that acts as a centralized dashboard providing real-time visibility on every aspect of their supply chain. It foresees a variety of booking, planning, delivery and communication possibilities. As a digital service provider we bring ease, accountability and efficiency in the supply chain while lowering hassle, communication and costs. We believe the solution behind disrupting a traditional industry is a perfect combination of a smart developed system and a high-quality customer experience.
Your role as Lead Back-end developer
In this role you will be leading one of our development teams. With your team you will be working on simplifying a traditionally complex business and turning it into an intuitive and worldwide scalable product that enables companies to manage logistics in more time and cost-efficient way. You build on a platform that is growing fast and to which many new features are constantly being added. Your opinion and ideas really matter at Shypple.
Your team will be a full-stack team consisting of around 5 developers, including yourself. We expect you to take responsibility for the delivered quality of the whole team and help your team grow. Managing the team is part of your job, we expect that you are an active leading developer in the team for the biggest part of your time. In your development work you will focus on the back-end development, the definition and maintenance of our services, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness. You will work closely together with analysts, designers and of course the other lead developers and the CTO, with whom you define and execute on our long-term platform direction.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a team of developers - technical mentoring, personal growth, own and lead the execution;
- Together with the team you (pro) actively contribute to the further development of the platform;
- Together with the other leads and the CTO take responsibility for the technical future of the platform.
What you'll bring
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience working with Ruby on Rails or other modern web framework technologies;
- A minimum of 3 years of development leadership experience;
- You have experience designing, building and maintaining growing applications;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- The ability to learn new things quickly, understand a business and it's product requirements.
- A great working environment with a team of talented developers who work together for extraordinary success;
- A competitive salary;
- Good secondary benefits;
- The opportunity to be a part of a great adventure where you can grow, develop and get the best out of yourself, including a yearly budget for personal development;
- An office in the heart of Rotterdam with a sunny roof terrace.
We’re proud that “The Shypple way” is increasingly creating interest in the national and international press:
[Quote](https://www.quotenet.nl/zakelijk/a37254502/de-29-jarige-vrachtvorst-jarell-habets-shypple-sleept-euro255-miljoen-binnen-en-trekt-overname-op-het-droge/), [Silicon Canals](https://siliconcanals.com/crowdfunding/shypple-raises-18-5m/), [M&A](https://mena.nl/artikel/shypple-ceo-over-drie-jaar-zijn-we-die-unicorn) and [De Ondernemer ](https://www.deondernemer.nl/innovatie/groei/miljoenen-investering-rotterdam-vrachtbemiddelaar-startup-shypple-innovationquarter-milestone~3212123)and that our magnificent growth is also recognized by various nominations: named the winner of the [Tech5](https://innovationorigins.com/en/selected/digital-freight-forwarder-shypple-wins-tech5-award/) country award 2021 as hottest scale-up in the Netherlands.