About the role
As an Engineering Manager at Cabify, you will be responsible for leading and guiding the most important part of our engineering organization, our people. We expect Managers to code a part of their time, this is not a pure management position.
They have high interaction with other teams and business areas. This means nurturing our culture of collaboration, communication, and coordination between and within teams.
All these tasks deeply impact Cabify ability to be a profitable business, and they involve processing data in high volumes with precision and speed, offering an unique challenge from a purely engineering point of view.
We practice have strong ownership of our services, continuous integration,strive for high observability, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
Prior to taking on engineering management, you likely were a senior individual contributor with a comprehensive understanding of complex systems that you were a vital part of developing & launching over the years. This has given you the perspective to help other engineers prioritise their tasks, shape their career decisions, and face tricky challenges.
· Lead a team of diverse and talented software engineers with different levels of expertise
· Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
· Think critically about the long-term career development of team members
· Conduct regular check-ins and 1-1s with team members
· Communicate across cross-functional teams suchas Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design
· Contribute technically to projects by being ahands-on coder as necessary and removing roadblocks.
· Lead prioritization efforts and providementorship to others
· Be the Best Friend of team’s Product Manager,working in tandem to analyze problems and execution plans
· Deeply care about the happiness of others
· Directly report (and get support from) the Head of Engineering of your group
Our Ideal candidate has:
· Great alignment with our principles, we take this very seriously.
· A knack for effective and clear communication in all circumstances
· Hands-on people management and/or technical leadership experience
· A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity
· Extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
· An appreciation for engineering best practices and quality over quantity ofwork
· Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs withoutcompromising quality
· Experience working with remote and partiallyremote team members
· Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technicalchallenges and solutions
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered)systems, microservices, and relational/NoSQL/cloud databases
· Experience in Ruby, Go and/or Elixir
· Experience in modern frontend development usingsome framework and library like React, Angular or Vue.
· Experience with distributed systemcommunication, performance analysis, and optimization
What’s it like to work at Cabify?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that tochange. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
· Excellent Salary conditions. EM L4 [45-65K€], Sr. EM L5[ 55-85K€] - Your salary level will be set according to your technical competence during the interview cycle, not based on your previous work experience.
· We also offer a very competitive stock options plan.
· Recharge day: Every 3rd Friday monthly off!
· Hybrid Remote (Model), Our office is located in Madrid, but a fully remote position is also available for this role.
· Flexible work environment & hours.
· Regular team events.
· Cabify staff free rides.
· Personal development programs based on ourcareer paths.
· Annual budget for training.
· Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets,transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
· All the equipment you need (you only have tobring your talent).
· A pet room, so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
· And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!