For our client Lookiero, the leading personal shopping service online for women in Europe. At Lookiero, we're looking for an experienced person to join our data team as a Data Scientist Lead.
The combination of smart technology and experienced personal stylists ensure they find inspiring and constantly surprising styles, tailored to our clients’ needs and preferences.
They have grown rapidly since their launch in 2016 and are continuing to grow quickly! They now operate in 8 countries with a super talented team of +500 across our 4 offices in Bilbao (HQ), Paris, London and Milan, but with a remote-first culture and work-life balance.
🌍 This allows them to work from where and when they feel most comfortable, but still have the possibility to visit the office from time to time.
Highlights of the year 2021:
💰 They have raised $30 million to continue expanding across Europe. This funding round allow them to double-down their investment in technology to evolve the proposition around personalisation and offer new ways to inspire all women to discover their potential.
🥨 They have opened a new market: Germany.
🏄 They have hired 85 people.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for an experienced person to join their data team as a Data Scientist Lead. Reporting to the VP of Data, this person will have to make use of their skills to work closely with a cross-functional team to build features and great products for our clients at Lookiero.
If you love new challenges, working in a culture of constant learning, and memes are part of your language, they have the perfect position for you!
- As Data Science Lead you will be responsible for leading the styling data product and services, including style profiling, recommendation engines and stock management.
- You will be a partner of the Product Managers, the Tech Leads, and the Business stakeholders of the different squads to prioritize and work in an agile way.
- Ship fast and often, measuring the impact using a robust experimentation framework.
- Story-telling. As a data owner, connect business problems with model solutions.
- Excellent communication skills; being able to visualize your analysis-results clearly and unambiguously.
- You will be accountable for the Machine Learning Models projects, from exploratory analysis to evaluation, deployment, iteration. Ability to analyse key metrics and business impacts.
- Collaborate actively in establishing data science technical standards and homogeneous quality processes in the models you build.
- Lead by example. Lead and mentor Data Scientists, they will be part of your team in a growing department.
What will make you successful in your mission; Skills, know-how and experience:
- You’ve got 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist working on product-oriented projects.
- Demonstrable experience at productizing models; from inception to deployment.
- Demonstrable experience at data scalability technologies, i.e., Spark technology.
- Any experience using platforms such as Databricks, Dataiku, AWS Sagemaker, etc. is welcome.
- You're pragmatic. Prioritizing simplicity over complicated approaches.
- You can simplify a complex concept and explain it using clear visual references to help.
- You have a clear vision of the steps of a ML project and you can share it with others.
- You’re enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams and profiles: internal and external team members, clients, providers.
- We are an international company, ability to read and speak in English is needed.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, game theory, statistical inference, Bayesian statistics, causal inference, time series analysis, decision theory, mathematical optimization
Why would you love to join Lookiero?
🌍 Remote friendly culture. They're open to 100% remote
⏰ Flexible schedules that work with your life. Freedom environment, which entails responsibility
🔝 They are getting bigger but they still have a start-up feeling. They are the European market leader with double-digit growth and +2 million of users
⚡A key position in one of the most important teams of the company where you can see your impact on the business from the very beginning
👫 You will work in an autonomous cross-functional team where decision making depends on team consensus
💰 Training Budget to help you to improve your technical skills and develop your soft skills in order to increase your toolkit
🤸 You will enjoy one of the best onboarding experience ever. 93 % of our new joiners are very satisfied with the onboarding process.
A sneak peek of our culture
🤔 Think Big. Act Fast
🚀 Take ownership. Drive Results
💯 We say things the way they are
🌍 Many voices. One Team
💥 It's possible
The diverse backgrounds, mindsets and ideas of their team helps them uniquely deliver on their business proposition and makes Lookiero an energising place to build a career. They count 23 nationalities and the current gender % is 57.7 (F) 42.3 (M)
If you are excited about everything that you have just read... Apply now or talk to us!🖖