For our client Lookiero, the leading personal shopping service online for women in Europe, we’re looking for an experienced person to join their data team as a Data Engineer.
The combination of smart technology and experienced personal stylists ensure they find inspiring and constantly surprising styles, tailored to their clients’ needs and preferences.
They have grown rapidly since their launch in 2016 and are continuing to grow quickly! They now operate in 8 countries with a super talented team of +500 across our 4 offices in Bilbao (HQ), Paris, London and Milan, but with a remote-first culture and work-life balance.
🌍 This allows them to work from where and when they feel most comfortable, but still have the possibility to visit the office from time to time.
Highlights of the year 2021
💰 They have raised $30 million to continue expanding across Europe. This funding round allow them to double-down their investment in technology to evolve the proposition around personalisation and offer new ways to inspire all women to discover their potential.
🥨 They have opened a new market: Germany.
🏄 They have hired 85 people.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Data Engineers to join our Data Platform team inside Lookiero. You will work with talented members of the team to help Lookiero make better business decisions. If you are not afraid of learning new things every day, you are self-motivated, willing to solve data problems and have team spirit, we are looking for you.
- You’ll transform raw data from different sources (batch and near-real-time) into intuitive data models, using a diverse set of tools (such as PySpark, Kafka, Databricks, Terraform, etc.)
- Build and mantain robust data pipelines in a scalable fashion (regarding volume and maintainability).
- Implement ways to improve data reliability and quality.
- Marry systems together to acquire new data from other systems.
- Ensure that the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of the data scientists, data analysts, and the stakeholders: the business.
- Help to build a data platform to enable other teams to self service high quality tooling and data.
How do they work?
As a Data Engineer you will work with PySpark data pipelines to deliver data to our main stakeholders: Data Analyst and Data Scientist of the different product squads. Our primary tool is the Databrick platform, maintaining and creating scaled data pipelines with a lot of care in data quality and data testing. We are algo using Terraform to deploy infrastructure and Github Actions to automate CI/CD in our developments. Every member of the team is accountable for the entire pipeline: from the first architecture design to production deployment following a DevOps philosophy.
Also, as a Data Platform member you will help to build the platform to enable other teams to self service high quality tooling and data while performing data operations to support their day to day actions.
We hope you can help us to achieve our full potential as a Data Platform team, so you will contribute since minute one!
What will make you successful in your mission; Skills, know-how and experience
- 3+ years of real, hands-on experience as a software developer or data engineer in a professional environment (preferably Python)
- Knowledge of some large-scaled distributed processing framework (PySpark, Dask, Apache Beam, Apache Flink, etc)
- Strong SQL skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also team oriented.
- It is important that you can learn, understand, and develop great practices aligned with our technical challenges.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, so the ability to read in English is a must.
It will be a plus if you had experience with:
The Databricks platform
Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform or interest in the Devops culture
Data testing in ETLs pipelines or interest in taking care of the data quality
The Machine Learning life cycle
Why would you love to join Lookiero?
🌍 Remote friendly culture. They’re open to 100% remote
⏰ Flexible schedules that work with your life. Freedom environment, which entails responsibility
🔝 They are getting bigger but they still have a start-up feeling. They are the European market leader with double-digit growth and +2 million of users
⚡A key position in one of the most important teams of the company where you can see your impact on the business from the very beginning
👫 You will work in an autonomous cross-functional team where decision making depends on team consensus
💰 Training Budget to help you to improve your technical skills and develop your soft skills in order to increase your toolkit
🤸 You will enjoy one of the best onboarding experience ever. 93 % of our new joiners are very satisfied with the onboarding process.
A sneak peek of the culture
🤔 Think Big. Act Fast
🚀 Take ownership. Drive Results
💯 We say things the way they are
🌍 Many voices. One Team
💥 It’s possible
The diverse backgrounds, mindsets and ideas of their team helps them uniquely deliver on their business proposition and makes Lookiero an energising place to build a career. They count 23 nationalities and the current gender % is 57.7 (F) 42.3 (M)
If you are excited about everything that you have just read… Apply now or talk to us!🖖